Saturday, March 24, 2012

flinging, flying bunnies sight word game

April at Wolfelicious is having a linky party for ideas to teach and reinforce sight words, so we decided to join the party!  At Target's dollar spot, I found this plastic egg of jumping bunnies for a buck...so I had to buy it and figure out a way to use them in my kinder special day class.
   
I took a sheet of construction paper and drew lines to create 6 boxes. I put sight word flash cards in the boxes.  The kids then flung their bunny and read the word in the box that it landed in.  They kept the sight word flash card and I replaced it with a new word.

I also put picture cards and had the kids tell the beginning and/or ending sound.


The kids had a blast flinging these bunnies onto the game board, and I must admit, I think I had just as much fun as them watching those silly little bunnies jumping and flying! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...