Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It...Party Invitations!






Whew! Summer has been in full force and we have barely sat down! Between traveling and family gatherings, this is the third day since school got out that I  have actually been home with nothing planned!

I am so happy to finally have the chance to link up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It! I haven't had a chance to make any teaching related things, but I think summer is a great time for teachers to unwind and explore other interests. With that being said, I am exploring my newest interest of party planning! My brother and cute sister-in-law are expecting their first baby. The minute they told me they were expecting, I was already announcing that I would host a gender reveal party. They are going to find out the gender of their baby in front of close family and friends. I am so excited to make this a special experience for them!

I searched all over for the perfect invitation, but nothing seemed right. I finally decided to make my own invites!



 I first typed and printed the wording for the invitation on nice 4 1/2 x 6 1/4" card stock. 






I also cut this cute grey with white polk a dot scrapbook paper slightly larger than the white card stock to use as the backing. 


Then I got ready to stamp!

I used these cute mustache and lips to stamp.



Using embossing powder and an embossing gun, I embossed the stamps to give them a more raised look. 


I then glued the invitation to the polk a dot scrapbook paper. 






But I couldn't stop there! The envelope needed to be cute as well! So, I printed this question mark paper and cut envelope liners. 




I also found these plastic cups in the Dollar Spot at Target. I think I might fill them with candy and use them as some sort of party favor. 



I will be posting more things that I make for this party on our instagram account @therealteachersoforangecounty. We hope to be back soon with some teaching related posts!

 


5 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! I saw those cups at Target too! How perfect! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the idea.. and congrats on your new niece or nephew to be!

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious! That shower looks so fun!!1 What a neat idea;) Thanks for linking it up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please recommend me some party invitation card ideas for office party. What kind of wordings should be in it?
    meeting rooms los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  5. These might be the cutest invitations ever! I can't wait to hear about the party!

    I'm a new follower. :)

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...